Sunday, May 24, 2009

Despite what you are about to see....

Ben is very helpful with Nolan. Most of the time.

We have a deal that on the weekends, Ben is supposed to help at night with Nolan. I get up at least twice during the night on weeknights to feed and change him, and each time we are up for about an hour. You figure three hours between feedings and then up for an hour...well, that's about 4 hours of interrupted sleep a night. So, the deal was, he helps on the weekend. I'll get up and feed the baby, but he has to get him back to sleep. Well, this picture was taken on Friday night. He went to work and then golfed in a tournament and then we went to Mike and Kacy's for a little party. I believe he uttered the words, "I'm so tired," and then he was out like this. Hey, at least he is holding Greyson's paw. I think she would be upset if he wasn't.
(A side note, this comforter you will see over and over is not our 'real' comforter. We have to take the real one off so Greyson can get on the bed. And with me being home all day, there's really no point of putting the real one on; I don't have the energy to fuss with the dog when she jumps up there for a snooze).
And it's me and Nolan just before heading to the party. He finally got to wear some of the clothes that people have gotten him. (Thanks for the cute outfit Michelle). And mommy finally got to shower, put on mascara and real clothes, and leave the house.
And I've been holding off on the real bath. I am nervous about overwashing him and drying out his skin. Until now, we've just been doing the sponge bath. He hated every moment of it. Well, now that we got the all clear on real baths, here he is in his first submerged bathing experience. It was so much easier and he only got fussy for about 10 seconds. There were even a couple of smiles.

1 comment:

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

I'm so glad y'all got to come over for a visit. I hope that the Murray household did not contribute to Ben's extreme fatigue.