Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nolan is here

So, I haven't had a post in a really long time. I started feeling horrible the week before he was due and just knew that he would be here any day. Well, one week later and a trip to the doctor's office, they decided to induce me. So I went into the hospital around 4 p.m. on Monday the 27th of April (his due date). My labor went a little faster than expected and he arrived at 5:20 a.m. the next morning. Having him here was such a relief. He was much more beautiful than I could have expected, and he had a head full of hair. I don't know why I thought my child was going to be bald. We've been chilling at the house since. We've left for a couple of doctor's appointments and a trip to Lowe's. I know, we live an exciting life.
And, no, my child is not named after Nolan Ryan. That's cute and all, but I'm not much of a sports fan. His first name is my mom's dad's last name. (Not my mom's maiden name....long story). Plus, if Ben and I were to name him after a sports figure, he would have been LeBron James Scarbrough. We think that would have just set him up for basketball greatness.

So here they are....pictures.
In case anyone wonders what I look like after 12 hours of labor, here it is. I think I would look worse if I weren't so excited that our baby was finally here.
Here is Nolan around the one week mark. He had jaundice so he looks pretty tan. Speaking of, my body hasn't seen the sun in months. It's pretty gross.
Yeppers, we're one week old here. This shot is pretty much what he did this entire day and the following day. Good times.
This is at 13 days old. I like him when he is sleeping. I don't hold him much when he is out like this, but he was being so darling on this day, I just couldn't put him down.
And look, here we are awake and not screaming. This is when we are both at our best.

2 comments:

M Wilson said...

I think Nolan is very, very handsome... a perfect mix of both his mommy and daddy. I'm glad you are all healthy and doing well. I hope I get to hold the little guy this summer!

Happy Belated Mother's Day, Shelley! :)

Love,
Cousin Michelle

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

He's so cute. I love the little legs - they'll be chubby before you know it! Congratulations again & hang in there. You will sleep again.