Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Three Weeks Old

Nolan is three weeks old. He now goes about 3 (sometimes 4) hours between feedings at night. And sometimes he goes right back to sleep after he is done. We had a doctor's appointment this morning and he is now 21 inches long and weighs 8 lbs, 2 oz. We are on track for a healthy growing boy. Dr. Harvey also mentioned that the gas peaks at three weeks. Knowing this made me very happy. Nolan is super gassy and it makes him miserable. In turn, I'm not happy. He cries and cries and there seems to be nothing we can do for him - and then he lets a big one rip. And suddenly he's not so peeved anymore. In the meantime, I have cut out dairy to see if that helps. In a couple of weeks, I'll start reincorporating and see if we can get this hammered out with a happy baby and mom. Did I mention I LOVE milk?
Bathed, changed, feed and ready for our closeup. He looks so peaceful.
And then I get him into his room and into the bed and he starts fussing. I expect no less.
Before today's doctor's appointment. He looks like a blob here. He was all cozied up in his little gown. And when he's not screaming, I like to take pictures.
This is take number 2. Ben recommended I put away my 'crazy eyes.' The only crazy eyes I've seen belong to Ramona on the Real Housewives of New York. I must have been sporting my tired eyes. He was all naked under his blanket and was calming down from a fit. Ben also suggested the background reminded him of a beach vacation. Seriously Ben, where? It just looks like a semi-pro mural to me. Don't taunt me with mentioning the beach. Well, I've got a sleeping baby and the Real Housewives of New Jersey on DVR so I'm wrapping it up.

2 comments:

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

So glad he's growing right on schedule. I'm with you . . there is no beach in that picture. Just bright blue walls.

Paul and Amanda: said...

He is so handsome. I am Ben's counsin, amanda :) Congrats, i know yall are great parents!! I have been keeping up with yall through Emily's facebook. Now that I have found you on here it will be much easier. Tell Ben I said hi!