Friday, June 26, 2009

8 Weeks Old

And here he is at 8 weeks old. Ben's parents say he looks different every time they see him. And that's saying a lot. We live a couple of houses down from them, and they can walk down to see him whenever they want.
At first we felt weird buying a house: 1) In 'their' neighborhood and 2) One street number off of theirs (they are 801 and we are 802). Turns out it was the best decision we could have made. I just think about how easy it is for them to see their first grandchild. They can just walk on down. I know they'd still see him if we were across town, but the nights of just calling and then stopping by wouldn't be there. I know Ben's mom enjoys it, but I think his dad enjoys it more. He'll just stop by and stare at him or touch his little feet and say how much he changes every day. He's right.

The below pic was taken the same day as the 8-week pic after a nice and full diaper explosion got all over his cute outfit.

Lately, he has been falling asleep in my lap. And that's where he is right now as I type this. I think we're developing a bit of an attachment to mom. He follows me (with his eyes and head)when I leave the room, and sometimes he starts crying. I was thinking he was too young for this, but I guess I was wrong. As sweet as I feel to know that he loves me more than anyone right now, I don't want him to be upset when I have to leave him with someone else. Especially if it's just Ben for 5 minutes while I brush my teeth and wash my face.
He is getting big. Just look at those hands and feet. We go for our 2-month dr visit on Monday. I am looking forward to seeing how much the little guy has grown. At the three week visit, I think he was 21" long and 8 lbs, 2 oz. I went back at 6 weeks to have the eczema checked and he weighed 10 lbs, 12 oz. I'm pretty sure he's over 12 lbs now and I wouldn't be suprised if he was over 23" long. I measure him at home, and he's closer to 24", but I don't know how accurate my measuring is. I am not looking forward to the shots. I am terrified of the screaming we'll hear. I just hope it goes quickly and he sleeps afterwards.
Nolan and Greyson are sleeping, so I'm going to take that as my cue to eat some breakfast and get some laundry done.

No comments: