Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Yeah, I'm not looking so hot (a hair drying timing issue - got about halfway dry with the dryer and then spent too long on the phone for some natural drying time = disaster), but today is a beautiful day in Northwest Arkansas. Nolan and I went for a walk around the neighborhood this afternoon - which we do almost every day, usually in the morning. And this afternoon we played in the backyard and threw around the ball and frisbee with Greyson after she got home from doggy daycare.
We're not looking forward to rain moving back into the area, but while things are like this, we sure are going to enjoy them.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
In the last month we discovered I have reflux. It took 4 months and 2 medications to get it figured out, but I'm getting better now. I'm not always so tense and arching my back now. Sometimes, I just relax. I enjoyed keeping mom and dad on their toes for the first 4 months. Even though I wasn't laughing, I was enjoying every minute of their time with me. And it worked, they're so attached now, they can't leave me alone for 15 minutes. I think they might be smitten.
So what else is new with me? Glad you asked. Here are some of the fun things I have going on right now:
- I am starting to sit up. I can only stay this way for about 2 minutes if I'm really focused. You gotta start somewhere right? I still have only rolled over from my back to front twice.
- Mom has some rice cereal in the pantry for me. She says she nervous about giving it to me. My dad had some food allergies as a child and she doesn't want me to be cursed with the same. I guess things like milk, eggs, shrimp and bread can be good, so I'm going to trust her and keep waiting it out a while on the cereal.
- I love my big sister Greyson. I may even miss her when she's gone. I like to pet her and watch her as she walks around the back yard.
- I still don't sleep through the night. There's just too much going on and I get hungry. Mom's started the Sleepeasy method. She is convinced she can get me down to one nursing around 2 a.m. I guess I'll have to be okay with that. I get in my bed around 7:30 and wake up around 6:30 the next morning. We're working on the naps too.
- But, I do sleep in my bed. Not that it has made a big difference in mom's sleep. She still hears me and gets up when I start calling.
- I'm chatty. Even the nurses at the doctor's office think so. My mom is a talker. She has that mouth going all day. I do what I can to get a word (or babble) in.
- Everyone tells me I'm tall. I'm probably over 27 inches long now. But seriously, have you seen my parents? They are giants.
- I'm also around 17 lbs. The perfect size if you ask me.
- I wear a size 2 shoe, but mom bought size 3s for fall and winter. And these feet, they are skinny like my mom's.
And I did my best to make mom work for a shot on the camera. I really wanted to put this paper in my mouth. Mom said she's just going to tell everyone I was reading and telling her it said I was 5 months old.
I'll try and stay on top of her to do some more posting more often.
Until next month - Nolan