In the last month we discovered I have reflux. It took 4 months and 2 medications to get it figured out, but I'm getting better now. I'm not always so tense and arching my back now. Sometimes, I just relax. I enjoyed keeping mom and dad on their toes for the first 4 months. Even though I wasn't laughing, I was enjoying every minute of their time with me. And it worked, they're so attached now, they can't leave me alone for 15 minutes. I think they might be smitten.
So what else is new with me? Glad you asked. Here are some of the fun things I have going on right now:
- I am starting to sit up. I can only stay this way for about 2 minutes if I'm really focused. You gotta start somewhere right? I still have only rolled over from my back to front twice.
- Mom has some rice cereal in the pantry for me. She says she nervous about giving it to me. My dad had some food allergies as a child and she doesn't want me to be cursed with the same. I guess things like milk, eggs, shrimp and bread can be good, so I'm going to trust her and keep waiting it out a while on the cereal.
- I love my big sister Greyson. I may even miss her when she's gone. I like to pet her and watch her as she walks around the back yard.
- I still don't sleep through the night. There's just too much going on and I get hungry. Mom's started the Sleepeasy method. She is convinced she can get me down to one nursing around 2 a.m. I guess I'll have to be okay with that. I get in my bed around 7:30 and wake up around 6:30 the next morning. We're working on the naps too.
- But, I do sleep in my bed. Not that it has made a big difference in mom's sleep. She still hears me and gets up when I start calling.
- I'm chatty. Even the nurses at the doctor's office think so. My mom is a talker. She has that mouth going all day. I do what I can to get a word (or babble) in.
- Everyone tells me I'm tall. I'm probably over 27 inches long now. But seriously, have you seen my parents? They are giants.
- I'm also around 17 lbs. The perfect size if you ask me.
- I wear a size 2 shoe, but mom bought size 3s for fall and winter. And these feet, they are skinny like my mom's.
And I did my best to make mom work for a shot on the camera. I really wanted to put this paper in my mouth. Mom said she's just going to tell everyone I was reading and telling her it said I was 5 months old.
I'll try and stay on top of her to do some more posting more often.
Until next month - Nolan