Thursday, October 29, 2009

Things I Do

Most of my time is spent tending to the little guy. Feeding, changing, entertaining in general, but I do other things. The list of other things has dwindled in the last six months, but here are a handful of things I have accomplished in the last week. What can I say, it's been a good week.

I did this arrangement for Ben's mom's birthday (she turned 35). This arrangement is from Emily. Sparkie loves fall colors, so I thought this would be a hit. It was. I did another one from Nolan and delivered it to her office. I didn't take a picture of it. It was white roses with bright pink phlox, some lavender and had a big turquoise and brown ribbon.
Last night I also made dinner. This one is an easy one. Easy is a good thing around this house.
Cook 1/2 package of angel hair pasta (or 8 oz. if you like to get fancy) for about 5 minutes. Drain, BUT reserve about 3/4 cup of the cooking water for later. In the same pot cook 1/2 lb. of shrimp (I use the frozen kind - they are cheaper) in 1 Tbsp of olive oil turning after 1 min and continue cooking until opaque; add 1 tsp of minced garlic, and a handful of cherry tomatoes chopped in half. Stir in reserved cooking water with 1/2 cup of pesto (I use the kind that is already made). Mix and then toss in the cooked pasta and some baby spinach. Toss until mixed and garnish the parm and a lemon wedge. I served with garlic bread. It was good. This usually makes enough for me and Ben and leftovers for one of us the next day.

I also made the little man some butternut squash yesterday. He loved it. The picture is fuzzy, but you should be able to gauge how much is all over his face.

No comments: