Thursday, July 22, 2010

One of those weeks

First, an obligatory cute Nolan shot. Most pictures of this kid are cute. Even the ones of him crying. I take those as a reminder so 15 years from now I will remember that he did act like a total turd sometimes.

Ben's been out of town this week. And he has an all day golf tourney tomorrow. That translates into lots of fun for me. Now, if you work in a real job you're going to think this is all whiney of me. 'Poor Shelley. She is just tortured staying home all day with that baby.' Yeah, I get it. But it's not as easy as you would like to think. He has all day to mess up the house and he usually has a big meltdown before 9 a.m. And then there's just the rest of the day. Don't get me wrong; I am so blessed to be able to spend this time with him. Every day he changes and I get to be there for all of them. But those days when there are no reinforcements...no backup, those days are exhausting. But Ben is back now. Mini-Ben has been here all week.

He's just so cute.

So, on top of the fact that I was on full time Nolan duty all week, I had a major dental emergency this week. I was born without some teeth (7 & 10 in case you're curious), so I now have a series of bridges and veneers and a small fortune of dental work in my mouth. I had them redone about 3 years ago and despite my dentist telling me they would NEVER move, they did. So we were in the process of moving them back. Nothing like being a 30-something wearing an orthodontic appliance. (And I worry that while reading to Nolan I am going to have a lisp and he is forever going to say words incorrectly).

Now this bridge that wasn't supposed to move is also made out of very strong porcelain. The kind that doesn't break. Unless it is in my mouth. Where it wasn't supposed to move or break but it did both. While my husband was out of town. (And diapers would have been good because I wanted to poop my pants when it happened).

So after an emergency dental appointment on Tuesday (thank goodness my in-laws were available to watch Nolan for a couple of hours that afternoon while I was at the dentist) and trying to keep my tooth from falling out for two days, I had another temporary bridge put in today on the right side of my mouth. It's not nearly as pretty as the one that was there before. I have to wear it for three weeks. And make sure it doesn't fall out. For the next three weeks.
Oh, and Ben is never allowed to go out of town for 4 days ever again.

2 comments:

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

Oh no! If the in-laws are ever unavailable, don't hesistate to call over here. I promise Nolan will be ready for a nap when he gets home. I got a few pics of him eating cake at the birthday party - cute!

Jenelia Edwords said...

Thank you for sharing this.
Scarborough family dentist