Saturday, November 27, 2010
Special Edition White Chocolate Covered Oreos are a huge hit.
And the skills. He got two more blocks stacked up before the tower came tumbling down.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Then we dump out all of the granola bars.
And finally, we finish it off with the Halloween candy leftovers.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
This is what happens after every time we take a picture. He wants to see what he looked like. So he turns his head and makes this totally awesome face. Our little contortionist.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
He had fun pushing his toy around the backyard on an unseasonably warm day.
His developed an obsession with having a variety of water cups. Today after naptime, we got out three different ones. He decided to finally drink from the 'baby' one. After dinner we got out two more - bringing the daily count to five. I'm thrilled he's drinking all of this water...not thrilled about washing all of the dishes.
Friday, November 5, 2010
1. At his well-baby visit he was 34 inches tall.
2. He also weighed 27 lbs and 3 oz at his well-baby visit.
3. He wears a size 5 diaper and 18-24 month clothes.
4. His vocabulary has expanded to include: Ben, I don't know, globe, whoa, chip, cheer (cheerios), up, down, water, What's this?, and he will repeat about 25% of what I say (so I really have to watch it - I will never say gosh around him again).
5. He still likes his fruits and veggies to be pureed, but he will eat chicken, cheese and crackers like it's going out of style. He will try anything that Ben and I are eating.
6. He likes to make the number one on his right hand.
7. He likes to help. He will help me fold clothes (actually try to unfold everything that I have already folded), unload the dishwasher (try to lick the silverware before I have a chance to get it out), feed the dog (he may have eaten dog food once or ten times), etc.
8. He still rides rear-facing in his car seat.
9. He likes to watch the intro to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Imagination Movers, and Choo-Choo Soul on the Disney Channel. He also likes most any music channel.
10. He's a great dancer.
11. He loves all of the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. He unloads all of the ones he can reach on a daily basis. He has his own special drawer that he can put stuff in and a cabinet that he likes to hide in.
12. He has started giving me kisses on my cheek (as opposed to open-mouth ones he was trying to give me a couple of months ago) and he still gives the best hugs.
13. He has no fear. He has gotten in trouble many times for tearing off down the sidewalk. Usually, we have to go and retrieve him.
14. He loves water.
15. He has started laying down his belly in random places....the bathtub, in a pile of pine straw in his grandparents backyard, in the lobby of a mexican restaurant.
16. He tackles the stairs with reckless abandon. This really freaks me out when he heading down the stairs. I see a trip to the ER in our future.
17. He loves the computer. And is reminded that it is OFF-LIMITS no less than 20 times a week.
18. He is more than we could have ever imagined he would be.
Monday, November 1, 2010
I guess he was looking for something in particular in the candy bucket. The best way to find that. Dump all of the candy on the floor. Still didn't find what he was looking for...probably something sugary with an extra kick of caffeine.
We did do some trick-or-treating. We only went to about 10 houses and took the wagon with us. Nolan did some running up and down the sidewalk and was rarely still enough to let anyone put candy in his pumpkin. He also through the pumpkin on the ground at least 10 times sending candy everywhere. We decided on the shark costume because we call him Sharkbite or Little Chompers (among many other nicknames). Adorable.
His last stop on the candy tour was Mimi & Poppy's house. Not content with just getting candy, he figured he would turn it into a geography lesson...thus the globe. He's finally calling it a globe and not a ball.
Then we came home and got our bath. Sunday was a busy day. But on the bright side, he was only up once last night around 3 a.m. (down from the 4 and 5 times a night on Thursday and Friday).