Monday, January 13, 2014

The Boy

There is a lot of talk around these parts about our girl.  She is with her momma a lot of the time and she loves me and doesn't mind a little quality time in front of a camera.  The boy is a different story.  He is in school three days a week.  And he is busy.  And can't be bothered to take a picture most days. 

But he is such a special little thing.  I love that he loves his sister.  Don't get me wrong, there is definitely some terrorizing.  But when they play together, it will melt your momma heart. 
 This was the two of us on the Christmas train in Springdale.  Mimi went with us, but he wanted to sit by his momma.  (And for anyone thinking I am trying to compete with other mommas, look at that "fresh" face and unwashed ponytail hair.  Like I said, I'm quite possibly in dead last most days.)
 And when you need to send daddy a picture showing that a product is in stock, why not add an adorable face?  He was such a trooper this night.  Ben had gone out of town to go duck hunting and I took him and Allyn to the store around 7 p.m.  And who was in the best mood?  This guy.
 And he is in a wonderful preschool program.  His teacher, Mrs. Beth, really is a huge blessing.  She is firm and compassionate.  He has learned so much in preschool this year.  It's hard to believe that in just a few short months he will be five and starting kindergarten in the fall.
 This was Friday after school.  He and Allyn were both so pleasant all day Thursday and Friday.  When he got home he asked for a popsicle and then to play the iPad for a little bit.  How could you say no to that face?  (Now, yesterday was not a pleasant day.  There were a lot of fits and even more tears.  Kids like to keep you on your toes like that).
 And my most favorite thing about my little buddy is that he's still a little guy.  He loves to be picked up (yeah, all 50+ lbs) and carried around.  And every night he asks me to come and sleep in his bed after the baby is asleep.  And sometimes he will just fall asleep in my lap.  How could you not just love all of those sweet things?
 
He is totally my little big guy.  I'm so so so lucky to be his momma!  And as much I would love to bottle him up at this stage and keep him like this forever, experience with the boy has shown me it only gets better.  

No comments: