Sunday, January 18, 2015

Weekend Roundup

We enjoyed a cast free weekend.  Tomorrow marks our tenth cast and getting back to our normal.  The weather here was "lovely" this weekend.  It was 40.  Growing up in Mississippi that would be considered frigid, and here on Saturday I wore capri pants to my Pilates training. 
 
On Friday night we went to eat dinner at Noodles.  I did not want pizza and I had cooked all week.  I just wanted a break from cleaning the kitchen.  
 
And someone looked so adorable at dinner.  
 

Saturdays are busy this January and February.  I do personal Pilates training on Saturday mornings and about an hour before my training, Nolan has ice skating lessons.  (Pilates side note:  this was my first time to do the chair.  AND MY ABS!).   Sweet Allyn was quite pleased when I got home.  
 
 After lunch we made cupcakes.  Nolan loves to make and eat cupcakes.  He loves colorful frosting.  But this may mark the end of the food dye frosting.  I think he had at least three cupcakes throughout the day on Saturday.  And on Saturday night he puked his guts up all of the kitchen floor and it was blue.  I'm fairly certain it was a reaction to the dye.  Lesson learned:  just make the icing from scratch and skip the dyes. 
 Saturday afternoon he had ski lessons.  He and a friend are in the same class for 5-8 year olds.  His friend is about a month younger than he is....and a totally average size child.  So yes, Nolan is THAT tall.  After lessons, they had dinner at the ski hill while Allyn and I hung at the house.  We then headed to LL Bean to exchange a coat I purchased for Ben.  Turns out I did get the right size and we really didn't need to spend a couple of hours on that task, but we did score Nolan another pair of ski pants for $24 and some new mittens for $16.  Nolan was anxious on the whole ride home and when he hurled 19 seconds after walking in the door we knew why. 
 We haven't been the best about getting out and finding a new church.  We have been to a few in our six months here but just not feeling the vibe of one yet.  This morning we made breakfast at home and measured our heights.  Maybe we'll get back into the swing of attending during this next cast period.  We try to avoid exposing Allyn to a lot of stuff during her week out because if she is sick we have to delay getting a new one and that could mean a loss of correction.  And that would just stress me WAY out. 
Tomorrow morning we'll get up bright and early and head to get our tenth cast.  Since the kids are out of school, Nolan is going with us.  He is pretty excited about the air hockey table and playing basketball.  I always hope the numbers in her thoracic curve are better, but they have been holding at about 40 degrees since April.  But every new cast is an opportunity for a miracle.  And tomorrow we will see what is in store for more our scoliosis journey.

No comments: