So the night before, a special little dolly got her last bath until probably April. I try to soak up these easy moments in the bath that we both love so much. The smell and feel of her skin after. The joy that she has as she splashes in the water.
The x-ray still shows her around a 40-degree Cobb. This is where we have been since April of last year. It was tough to hear that. I didn't cry but I wanted to. All of this work, and we are not seeing positive numbers. I just pray that there is some good that comes of this season of our lives: less rotation and better symmetry, increased lung volumes, something...anything. Because as it stands today we are looking at a long road of surgeries for this little sweet potato. The thing we were trying so hard to avoid by serial EDF casting.
And now we have decisions to make. Do we keep casting? She had issues with coming out of anesthesia again. This is the third time. And she has been under general anesthesia eleven times in her short little time here. And as a parent, you get nervous every time. So now we have to talk with her surgeon to determine next steps. I feel okay with going to the two year mark for casting and that will give us two years of growth of her thoracic spine. But if the numbers are not improving we may have to look at switching to a brace and hoping that can hold her until she is big enough for surgery.
We made it home just in time for both of us to take a nap while the boys played.